Divorce MediationCollaborative DivorceUncontested Divorce/No Court Divorce

Divorce Mediation

Divorce need not be ugly. Choose a peaceful way to regain control of your life. Many people choose mediation over the adversarial process for their divorce, custody or family law matter. A neutral Mediator can help two people voluntarily reach a divorce settlement or family law agreement together.

Read More

Collaborative Divorce

A way to resolve disputes respectfully. Why litigate when you can collaborate

Read More

Uncontested Divorce/No Court Divorce

Is my divorce uncontested? Need an efficient, easy and affordable way to get your divorce smoothly completed by an experienced attorney at a flat-fee rate?

Read More

Child Support/Modification

Child support is based on the guidelines created by the New York state legislature. Whether you are going through a divorce,legal separation, paternity action, or trying to modify an existing child support order, the amount you pay or receive in support is dictated by these statutory guidelines.

You and the other parent have a duty to provide financial support to the children. The amount you are expected to contribute for support of your children is directly related to the percentage of income between you and the other parent. The issues of daycare and medical insurance costs are often in addition to basic child support. While both parents are expected to contribute financially to child support, only one parent will actually be required to make a payment on a monthly basis. The other parent, most often the primary residential parent, will be responsible for the day-to-day management and expenditures associated with support of the children.

The New York State courts retain jurisdiction to modify child support awards until a child reaches 21 years of age or becomes emancipated whichever occurs first.

If your income has changed, or your former spouse income has changed, the court can modify child support order based on the current income of the parents. The court cannot modify your support order until a proper petition to modify support is filed in court.

When your income changes or the visitation schedule for your child is modified, the court can modify your support order. The child support lawyer at the CNY Divorce & Family Law Office, understands the complex rules of law that govern the determination of income for support, deductions, hardship deductions and child support orders. The attorney’s knowledge and experience will be used to achieve the best possible result for you.

The Support Collection unit collects child support on behalf of the custodial parent, and has the ability to suspend your driver’s license or professional license when child support has not been paid as ordered by the court. If the Support Collection Unit has taken action to suspend your license we can help. When such a child support order is based on incorrect information, it can be successfully challenged.